Who Am I?
A software developer and entrepreneur specializing in the intersection between game engine development, information architecture, distributed server infrastructure, and the web.
Principal Engineer, JanusVR
September 2016 - October 2019
- Virtual Payments
An open source decentralized social VR platform
- Designed, developed, and continue to maintain JanusWeb open source web-based 3d world client
- Responsible for server infrastructure and software release processes for a fully remote team
- Performed corporate, developer, and community outreach at events, trade shows, and meetups
- Operated streaming service for live events in real-world venues
- Participated in standards discussions for protocols and standards relating to the open metaverse
- Co-founded Virtual Reality Blockchain Alliance, a monthly gathering of virtual world developers discussing open-world integration
September 2008 - Present
A self-funded research company focused on Metaverse interoperability.
- Developed and continue to maintain Elation Engine open source game engine
- Created Metacade, an online virtual arcade showcasing interoperability between various web and native systems
- Collaborated with Internet Archive employees to port various emulators to WASM, allowing one-click emulation of thousands of historically interesting pieces of hardware and software
- Developed cloud-based render farm management software for distributed rendering of 3d scenes
Lead Frontend Architect, TheFind.com
August 2006 - April 2015
- Linked Data
- Web Crawling
Shopping search engine which indexed 500M products from 500K online merchants. Purchased by Facebook in 2015.
- Lead frontend and platform development team from product launch in 2006 to acquisition
- Built search platform, defined APIs, and established formal development and release processes
- Participated in focus testing and all stages of product design and development
- Developed open source web framework and real-time distributed system monitoring dashboard